Lake Fork Resort
If you’re looking for an unforgettable fishing experience, Lake Fork is for you. It’s located in Texas, in Wood, Rain, and Hopkins Counties. Lake Fork reservoir occupies up to 112km2/27,690acres.
Lake Fork is mostly famous for its massive bass. For this single reason, the lake is already worth visiting, but the resort has much more to it.
If you want to plan a particularly relaxing vacation, Lake Fork resort will aid you with all your needs and requirements. Unwind in nature with your family and friends, or just enjoy your peaceful solitude.
Now let’s dive in to discover what Lake Fork Marina has to offer.
Lake Fork Marina
Lake Fork Marina is situated on the west side of Blue Mesa Reservoir adjacent to Blue Mesa Dam. It’s open every day of the week, making it available for you to have a flexible vacation plan.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or an advanced fisherman, Lake Fork Marina will assist you with any wish you may have while staying there. You can even leave your boat here for the winter.
While staying at Lake Fork, you will have every commodity and entertainment facility available all day, every day.
The Marina provides
- Boat rentals
- In and out boat launching
- Boat slips
- Professionally guided fishing experience
- A store and a tackle shop with clothing, accessories, and souvenirs
- Gasoline on and off the water
- Campground for recreational vehicles and trailers
- Floating fish cleaning station
Moreover, Lake Fork is open in all seasons. Winter makes fishing particularly interesting and appealing since we need to be extra careful and have knowledge of the winter difficulties of fishing. As we have already seen, Lake Fork Marina offers Professional Guides who can help you have a tactical and fruitful fishing adventure.
Eddie Garrett is one of the Lake Fork guides whose fishing reports I enjoy the most. He gives great advice about winter fishing.
I also find John Morris extremely helpful. He explains everything in detail and gives useful tips to get ready for the coming season.
Lake Fork Marina and Motel
If you’re planning a vacation, Lake Fork Marina and Motel is always ready to create a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere for you and your family and friends.
Lake Fork Marina and Motel has been serving guests for more than 25 years with an excellent reputation, ratings, and satisfied customers.
The motel has 36 rooms, 2 duplexes with 2 bedrooms, and 2 lodges with 4 bedrooms.
Lake Fork Marina and Motel Service Includes
- Free and easy parking, always with enough spaces for everyone
- Wheelchair-accessible parking, path, rooms, and bathrooms
- Plenty of parking for boats
- Free Wi-Fi in rooms and also in public areas
- Daily housekeeping, spotless rooms, and a clean environment
- Restaurant Tiffany’s
- Picnic area and Barbecue grills
- Vending machine
- Meeting room
- Self-serve laundry
- Private bathrooms, television, refrigerator, minifridge, hairdryer, and other commodities
- Extra beds available in the rooms (with an additional charge per extra person)
- Air conditioning
- Pet-friendly area
- Front desk available from 6 AM to 7 PM
- Credit Cards are accepted
- Separate sitting areas and designated smoking areas
- Free cancelation and fully refundable rooms
- Children activities
- English and Spanish speaking staff
The Motel is cozy, letting you feel safe and enjoy the harmony of life.
It’s placed at a very strategic location for fishers, as it’s in the middle of the lake shoreline, you can fish on both sides of the Motel. Space is always enough even in high season, spring when the motel is fully occupied.
There is everything you might need on a vacation in the area, plus, there are lots of sights and interesting activities waiting for you close to it.
Explore the Nearby Area
- Lake Fork – 1 min walk
- Park – 5.8 km/3.6 miles
- Greenville airport – 48 min drive
- Ruby MacKeowan Park – 15 min drive
- The Links at Land’s End – 20 min drive – 14.1 km/8.7 miles
- Emory Livestock Auction – 16 min drive – 15.8 km/9.8 miles
- Salt Palace Museum – 27.5 km/17.1 miles
- Mineola Historical Museum – 29 km/18 miles
- Mineola Railroad Museum – 29.4 km/18.3 miles
- Mineola Nature Preserve – 35.1 km/21.8 miles
- Lake Tawakoni – 31.5 km/19.6 miles
Tiffany’s Restaurant, which is a 1-minute walk away from the motel, is known for its exquisite food and service. There are also many restaurants nearby that you can visit either by walking a short distance or driving a few minutes by car.
Restaurants Near Lake Fork Marina and Motel
- Verona Italian Cafe – 1.8 km/1.1 miles
- A J’s Fish house – 2 km/1.2 miles
- Neon Moon Restaurant and Club – 7 km/4.3 miles
- Gateway Sportsbar and Steakhouse – 7.3 km/4.5 miles
Lake Fork Navigation
Strategic fishing is a priority for both, an experienced fisherman and an amateur fisher, especially for a beginner.
We go fishing for pleasure and relaxation, therefore it’s never entertaining to constantly be anxious about our boat route. Using maps is the best way to leave the concerns about your fishing trip behind.
My personal favorite map is BoatLanes which plays the role of my personal navigation assistant. It makes me feel secure and helps me find the most optimal route for navigating the boat swiftly and comfortably.
BoatLanes has a lot of tools to offer. Namely, GPS Waypoints and GPS Trails navigation.
What To Do On Lake Fork
There are infinitely many things you can do on Lake Fork. Here are listed some of the most common and popular activities there:
- Fishing for the famous Largemouth Bass, Crappie, Catfish, and Sunfish. On your own, or with the help of a professional guide.
- Participate in fishing Tournaments
- Play, walk and run with your pet. There is a beautiful landscape for you to enjoy.
- Relax at the spa
- Enjoy water sports: Jet skiing, water skiing, and wakeboarding are pretty popular on Lake Fork.
- Go hunting: Lake Fork is the perfect place for duck (generally waterfowl) hunting. Also, the Lake Fork area abounds with whitetail deer, which is one of the hunters’ favorites here. Other than that, there are feral hogs. You can find hunting guides at Lake Fork Marina.
- Play Golf: Lake Fork has an 18-hole golf course placed on the west banks of the lake.
- Dine at a restaurant, or just have a beer in the calming sounds of nature.
- You can go Tent Camping: Lake Fork has numerous tent sites with electricity, shower amenities, and restrooms that are open 24/7 to create comfort for the guests.
Organize your unforgettable vacation to the paradise of great fishery thoughtfully and efficiently.
Planning a trip to Lake Fork is simple and fast since Lake Fork Marina and Motel has everything in one space.
Don’t forget your map, and if wanted, an expert guide, enjoy the experience to the fullest.
Maximize your entertainment by using all the opportunities to do various activities at Lake Fork and visit interesting sights.
Have a remarkable time fishing and resting at the Lake Fork 🙂