10 Quick Smallmouth Bass Fishing Tips
With smallmouth bass fishing tips spread all over the internet, Huge articles with hundreds of words can be more troublesome (boring) to read than they are sometimes worth. I know we all love advice short and to the point sometimes. So I have put together a quick list of ten tips and tricks.
Here is the first list of quick bass tips and will be easy on our eyes and straight to the point, without bombarding us with info!
- Buzzbaits work great for calm water, they also work wonders with a little chop/ripple on the water!
- Baitfish love to feast on algae, bass love to feast on baitfish… The Wind pushes the algae, so if you are hunting for bass schooling, use the wind to your benefit.
- When going after schooling bass, sometimes you have to “match the hatch”
- If the water is dirty use a chatterbait. Use spinnerbaits in clear water. Chattersbaits are good for vibration and spinnerbaits are very sparkly.
- Losing bass? wondering why the catch got away? Check and sharpen your hooks (or replace) regularly to help prevent “the one that got away”
- Match the plastics to the water condition. Clear-water use natural colors (brown, green). Dirty water use dark colors and in the light coffee/tea colored water use reds!
- Try using a frog lure from spring till autumn
- Avoid casting your shadow into shallow water on a sunny day, it scares the fish. fish facing into the sun. How would you like it if you saw a shadow 20 times your size? 😉
- Try to fish for bass before stormy weather (or rain).
- Don’t take lots of heavy items and bulk out too much. Move light and always on the move.
Take a look at some of our other helpfull articles below.
Take a look at our other quick tip tutorials: